Sally’s great-great-great-great-great-great Grandparents &
Thomas Cording ca 1655- ? | his parents
& wife ? | her parents
of Norfolk Co, VA
This is my working hypothesis – the way I see it as of this moment!!
Thomas Cording was son of Richard Cording (a surgeon who died about 1668) and his wife Ann Browne (who remarried ? Southerland).
Ann Browne was daughter of Lt. Col. Thomas Browne of Lower Norfolk co, Va. (Thomas Browne died in 1666 and his will names sons: Thomas, John, Henry, Christopher, and William and daughters: Ann Cording, Elizabeth Browne, and Mary Browne.)
Children of Thomas Cording and wife:
- Mary Cording ca 1680 – aft 1736
married ca 1700 William Freeman ca 1675-1736
2. Elizabeth Cording
married John Wright
Grandchildren of Thomas Cording & wife:
Children of Mary Cording & William Freeman:
1. Ann Freeman ca 1703
married Michael Ward
2. John Freeman ca 1710 – 1777
married Tabitha ?(some say Hoyter)
3. William Freeman ca 1712 – 1781
married Christian Outlaw?
4. Thomas Freeman ca 1715 – aft 1763
5. Richard Freeman ca 1718 – 1761
married Ruth ?
6. Aaron Freeman ca 1722 – ca 1747 d s p
7. Samuel Freeman ca 1725 – 1796
married Elizabeth Alexander?